- Brake cable and clutch cable – arrived and delivered to mechanic.
- Seat cover – arrived.
- Blinkers – still en route.
- Tires – a saga is developing. My mechanic’s supplier had them listed as in stock but called yesterday to tell him they are not. They were supposed to arrive last Wednesday. I am now searching alternate sources. More on that below.
Canceled insurance and have not followed through with permanent registration. It’s becoming apparent that the Vitch will rack up some significant shop time before she gets on the street again, so no point in wasting the money.
Nobody provides tires any longer under the part number or item description officially listed for this model. Worse, while it’s easy to find info on what the front tire used to be, it’s much harder to find the info about the rear tire, which is not the same.
- Front tire: part number 41019-007 - TIRE 2.75-18 Y620.
- Back tire: part number 41019-008 – good luck getting a description on this one.
The mechanic says that getting 17 and 19 inch tires are a breeze but these are 18 inch and that’s harder. At least now I know that the front one needs to be 2.75 and the back one needs to be 3.00. Some riders are having good results with these tires on the Honda Trail 90, which is not entirely dissimilar from the Kawasaki, and they come in both of the specified sizes. So these might be the way to go. I have shot the mechanic an email about them but I don’t know if these messages go to him or some other party in the shop. Also, these might work or even these, particularly as the Vitch is being set up for street use rather than dirt use. We’ll see.