Fresh screencaps for The God Complex are posted. Review is below the jump.
I reviewed this episode last time I capped it, so no real depth here. I do revise my Emotional Wank score from a 4 to a 6 out of 10 for loss of faith, loss in general, self-recrimination, and dumping people for their own good. Additional thoughts in the appropriate places below.
- My eyeballs still have a party every time I watch.
- The fear and faith aspect.
- So this prison goes around automatically kidnapping people from all over to feed this being? That’s a pretty nasty thing for a civilization to have done.
Comments, Questions, Speculation
- The Minotaur is in serious need of spectacles.
- I now believe the Doctor’s worst fear to be himself. And also his deepest faith.
- I had noticed before that the Doctor had solved the Rubik’s cube somewhere between meeting Rita’s bunch and his post-tantrum bleakness after her death, but I didn’t mention it. If it were right after the rage, was it meant to get away from his emotions so he could apply his mind to the problem again?
Raw Caps: 1025 but I cheated. I pre-weeded about 70 a few minutes into the episode.
Finished Caps: 358 and I blame that on the camera work and direction. It’s probably Nick Hurran’s fault.
- I don’t know if I’ll wind up keeping any images of Gibbis. Last time I capped this episode I didn’t even capture any. He’s not just a coward; he’s an asshole, and I may not want random images of him popping up on my screen saver. We’ll see. I hope the Doctor dropped him off someplace really inconvenient. Like Aberdeen.